Days 1-3 – Kathmandu (11th arrive, 12th organise, 13th depart to start)
11th, 12th, 13th Nov. Welcome to Kathmandu! For the first time visitor, it will seem chaotic, dusty, noisy and intense. We’ll collect you from the airport and take you directly to the race hotel, and you can have your first experience of the city through the window of your vehicle. Of course, if you have visited Kathmandu before, welcome back!
The itinerary for the first few days is quite simple. On arrival, simply relax and do your own thing.
The following day, there will be a group meeting where we will introduce each other and ourselves, we’ll check some details such as equipment, first aid kits and do a small medical check.
You’ll have some time to visit sights of the city or purchase things you need. Some of the group may even head out for a short run in the Shivapuri National Park which comes highly recommended.
On Monday the 13th November we’ll take a bus to Arughat. Normally this journey takes 6 to 7 hours including a few stops along the way for tea and lunch.
- People arriving throughout the day and checking in to hotel
- Options: guided morning run (if arrived early), 2pm Hash Run (option), visit temples or Thamel for purchasing things
- 6:30pm meet in hotel lobby for going to dinner
- Breakfast 6:30am to 9am
- Briefing 9am
- 9:45 paperwork and equipment check
- 7am departure from Kathmandu
- Late lunch in Arughat
- Arrive late afternoon at overnight destination