Fees, discounts, details
What others have said
“Just wanted to thank you again for an amazing event, filled with challenges, struggles, adventure, culture, friendship, laughs, and lots of fun! How fortunate we are to be able to participate in something like this, and to have our lives so enriched.” More feedback here
“For me it was really my best Trailrunning experience since more than 20 years of Trailrunning!” – Stephan Tassani-Prell (Salomon)
The cost for the Manaslu Mountain Trail Race 2017 is 2360 euro from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. Price includes three nights (on a twin sharing basis) in a quality hotel in Kathmandu (Hotel Manaslu) with bed and board. There are early bird discounts available.
The cost includes:
- Airport transfer to hotel, land transport to the race start
- Welcome dinner on arrival day (Saturday) in Kathmandu in a place with cultural ambiance, and tasty Indian dinner on Sunday evening.
- All the necessary permits for the areas visited in Nepal: Manaslu Restricted Area Permit, ACAP & MCAP permits, TIMS permit.
- Race Doctor with high-altitude qualification.
- Stage-by-stage accommodation as full board (breakfast, packed lunch, dinner and shared room in tea-house accommodation)
- Closing gala dinner with distribution of awards and race souvenir.
- A contribution towards up to six Nepali runners to compete in this great event! In the past invited runners have gone on to win in Skyrunning championships, two (Mira Rai and Sunmaya Budha) became Asian Skyrunning Ultra champions.
- International flight to Nepal
- Travel insurance
- In Kathmandu: lunches and other dinners, alcoholic drinks, shopping of a personal nature
- On the trails: soft and alcoholic drinks*, meals additional to those provided
- Tips for staff! Man they work hard! We’ll discuss at the briefing in Kathmandu.
Early bird discounts
All prices are in Euros.
|Deposit payment date||Full||Discount %||New total|
|Jan 15th (15%)||€2,360.00||12||€2,076.80|
Due to the use of deposits for reservations and preparations, course recce and other logistics beforehand we cannot offer refunds for any reason after 1st September 2017 before the race event commences.
Transfer of entry
Transfer of entry to a friend after payment is made is only allowed up to three weeks before race day and with Race Director’s written permission. US$20 admin charge may be applied any changes only up to Oct 11, 2017. Race Director has the final say on all matters.
Medical and possessions insurance
You must have comprehensive travel insurance that covers you fully against the costs of helicopter evacuation, hospitalisation, medical care and repatriation if you become too ill to continue the event and must above all cover you against the cost of air or other forms of evacuation and/or repatriation should sickness or injury necessitate such a course of action. We will need a photocopy (or PDF) of your insurance documents confirming this to allow you to compete. Additionally, while we will take due care of your bags on the trails, your equipment and belongings are your own responsibility. It is recommended that you also have adequate insurance to cover loss or damage of your belongings.
Post race extra options
If you have more time after the race, you might wish to continue along the Annapurna Circuit, cross over to Mustang via the Tilicho Lake or quickly visit Naar and Phu. There are many possibilities. Let us know in good time if you have such wishes and we’ll see if we can help you realise them. You will however miss the Gala dinner and prize giving should you do this.
We reserve the right to cancel the event for any reason, including insufficient sign-ups, political unrest, or acts of God that would impede operations. In the event of such a cancellation, we will refund all payments for land costs, minus any monies we are unable to recoup for payments made to our suppliers, staff and operators. If for any reason the event were to be stopped while in progress, we will refund what we can recoup from the expected outlays for that part of the trip not completed. This is highly unlikely!