Note to insurers
The Manaslu Mountain Trail Race is a multi-day running race along a trekking route in Nepal. The running stages range from 18km to 39km – so not marathon distance. The ‘race ‘ passes over a high pass of 5,135m but this will not be run as a race, but walked as a group. The race schedule takes into account a safe acclimatisation schedule.
An experienced medical doctor will accompany the group. We’ve developed a clear CasEvac procedure involving helicopters and CIWEC clinic in Kathmandu. We’ll carry a full medical kit, a Gamow bag and satellite phone for emergency situations. All competitors are required to fill out a medical form which is signed by their doctor.
All in all it is a highly professional event with experienced, fit participants.
Insurance requirements for participants
- Cover for travel to 5,135 m (not mountaineering, no ropes used)
- Cover for emergency helicopter evacuation to Kathmandu
- Cover for repatriation to home country for emergency treatment not available in Kathmandu
- Cover for a “race” or sports competition (some companies exclude this in their fine print)
Additionally, some entrants may:
- Need cover for trips starting at the destination (already away and not departing from their country of residence)