Accommodation in Kathmandu
If you want to come early or stay longer, there is a range of accommodation available to you. You don’t have to stay in the same place, you can move around different parts of the city or valley.
You can stay at the race hotel for extra nights before and after – just ask us to arrange. Beyond that you can try to stay in different areas of Kathmandu. Here are some suggestions – these days check tripadvisor for recommendations as new places come up all the time.
Here are some places recommended to us.
- Swotha in Patan. A restored Newar house in the heart of old Patan. Gorgeous place.
- HIRA GUEST HOUSE – https://www.stayinnepal.com/1
- Newa Chen – https://www.newachen.com/1
- Cafe de Patan – https://www.cafedepatan.com/index.php?pg=gallery
- The Inn – https://theinnpatan.com/gallery/
- Tings – Tings is a sort of quirky guesthouse which is run by a Danish couple. It’s quiet, close to the race hotel and books up fast.
- Shambaling.com – boutique hotel in Bouddha.
- Bouddha Stupa Guesthouse – recommended for its terrace which is unbeatable. Single rooms are a little dark but perfectly fine for sleeping and washing. Newly renovated in spring 2014.