What others have said
“Just wanted to thank you again for an amazing event, filled with challenges, struggles, adventure, culture, friendship, laughs, and lots of fun! How fortunate we are to be able to participate in something like this, and to have our lives so enriched.” More feedback here
The cost for the Manaslu Mountain Trail Race 2013 is set at US$ 2150 from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. Price includes three nights (on a twin sharing basis) in a quality hotel in Kathmandu with bed and board. There are early bird discounts available. The cost includes:
- Airport pickup and race transport according to the itinerary
- Welcome dinner on arrival day in Kathmandu in a place with cultural ambiance
- All the necessary permits for the areas visited in Nepal
- Medical team and their expenses
- Stage by stage accommodation as full board (breakfast, packed lunch, dinner and room / tent*)
- Staff salaries, their insurance and their accommodation
- Closing gala dinner and trophies/prizes/race mementos.
- International flight to Nepal
- Travel insurance
- In Kathmandu: lunch and other dinners, alcoholic drinks, shopping of a personal nature
- On the trails: soft and alcoholic drinks*, meals additional to those provided
* 4l/day filtered water will be provided
Early bird discounts
All prices are in US Dollars.
|Deposit payment date||Discount||%||Full amount||Deposit*||Balance|
|September 10th – for discount to be applicable, full payment needs to be received 60 days in advance of the event.|
Deposits can be paid with credit card / PayPal here.
* Due to the use of funds for reservation deposits, course organizing and other logistics beforehand we cannot offer refunds for any reason other than 90 days before the race event commences. Transfer of entry to a friend after payment is made is only allowed up to three weeks before race day and with Race Director’s written permission. US$20 admin charge may be applied any changes only up to Oct 11, 2012. Race Director has the final say on all matters.
You must have comprehensive travel insurance that covers you fully against the costs of helicopter evacuation, hospitalisation, medical care and repatriation if you become too ill to continue the event and must above all cover you against the cost of air or other forms of evacuation and/or repatriation should sickness or injury necessitate such a course of action. We will need a photocopy (or PDF) of your insurance documents confirming this to allow you to compete. Additionally, while we will take due care of your bags on the trails, your equipment and belongings are your own responsibility. It is recommended that you also have adequate insurance to cover loss or damage of your belongings.
Post race extra options
If you have more time after the race, you might wish to continue along the Annapurna Circuit, cross over to Mustang via the Tilicho Lake or quickly visit Naar and Phu. There are many possibilities. Let us know in good time if you have such wishes and we’ll see if we can help you realise them. You will however miss the Gala dinner and prize giving should you do this.
We reserve the right to cancel the event for any reason, including insufficient sign-ups, political unrest, or acts of God that would impede operations. In the event of such a cancellation, we will refund all payments for land costs, minus any monies we are unable to recoup for payments made to our suppliers, staff and operators. If for any reason the event were to be stopped while in progress, we will refund what we can recoup from the expected outlays for that part of the trip not completed. This is highly unlikely!