If you want to come early or stay longer, there is a range of accommodation available to you. You don’t have to stay in the same place, you can move around different parts of the city or valley. Ask us for advice if you need it.
- Yak and Yeti
- Gorkhana Resort
- Summit Hotel
- Swotha in Patan. A restored Newar house in the heart of old Patan. Gorgeous place. More places in Patan are listed here.
- Tings – Tings is a sort of quirky guesthouse which is run by a Danish couple. It’s quiet, close to the race hotel and books up fast.
- Shambaling.com - boutique hotel in Bouddha.
Cheap-ish and cheerful
- Pacific Guesthouse – the VSO staff from the UK stay here. Close to race hotel in Lazimpat and Thamel
- Yellow House Guesthouse - many others around here such as Tibet Peace Guesthouse. Cheap, pretty quiet with gardens and pretty ok food. Close to Thamel and close-ish for Swayambu (Monkey) Temple
- Shechen Monastery Guesthouse – an interesting place to stay in Boudha close to the holy site for Tibetan Buddhism. 20/30min taxi from race hotel.
- There are many other cheap hotels in Thamel and around end of November finding a bed should not be too difficult.
Interesting ideas outside the city
- Nagi Gompa guesthouse
- Neydo Tashi Choeling guesthouse
- Hotels in Bhaktapur – worth a night’s stay